Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I had a premonition



I miss Russia and I miss this little girl - Mihalya is a daughter of my mom's friend who's also a piano teacher. She's got some 'tude and is the cutest child ever. She will not do anything to please anyone and is very strongwilled. In other words, she's awesome. In other news, I still have not heard anything from Fulbright, although it is too early, I've begun thinking about the possibility of not getting the grant and how disappointed I would be. Hm. Today was incredibly unproductive. I went to bed full of ideas and woke up without any energy to acomplish anything. Classes went well, my premier european class got to write their own blues songs and they did really well. At the end of each class I treated them to a rendition of my own blues song entitled "I'm stuck in Kansas City," you had to be there to appreciate it. The regular terminal class was in intellectual hibernation as usual, and only a few brave souls dared to open their mouths, even though we played a game similar to TABOO during class. Fashion TV, the channel, has been ever since after dinner and it lulled B. to sleep with its techno beats and gaggles of attractive Slavic-looking women parading around and getting made up. It's such a strange channel idea - just various fashon shows, line launches, and photo shoots, filmed along with make-up and hair sessions. And at midnight, there are lingerie shoots, where you get to see boobies. Hoor - a - fucking - ah. At least now I know how Fashion Week in Milan differs from Fashion Week in Madrid. Oh wait, IT DOESNT. It's silly and it's like PBS for the mentally drained fashionistas, one of which I'm not. The mystery of why I watch it remains. Perhaps I do so because it is not a French talk show, of which there are thousands on our 18 free channels courtesy of Orange, three being in Arabic, one in Portuguese, one in Spanish, and two in English (one of those is a China channel though). I'm slowly getting used to the French' penchant for boring, roundtable discussion shows that come on from morning till night, but that does not make me want to follow that debate or the other. The majority are either focused on the candidates for the presidential election, or on what is wrong with France today. I'll let you guess.

No comments: